Monday, November 1, 2010

The magic of Today.

It was a Monday, really nothing all that special happened. Maybe it was because it is now November and this month makes me want to be grateful. I don't know. But this very normal, nothing special day was indeed kind of magical...

Today I realized that every day when Cammon wakes up and I pick him up for the first time that day I am overwhelmed with love. I just want to remember that moment for the rest of my life. Remember how he feels in my arms, how he smells, how he sounds. It gets me every time.

Today as Kyle was leaving for work he was giving Adney a hug and then they just stood there talking. Nothing special. But it was like every memory of Adney growing blazed through my head and I couldn't believe how big he had gotten. How grown up he is. How he can hold complete conversations. And yet how cute and little and skinny he still is.

Cammon has been working on his motor skills. It's harder for little babies than you would think. But today he was staring at my face and then he was moving his hand slowly, trying to keep control until his hand reached my face. And then he grinned from ear to ear, clearly proud of his accomplishment.

Adney and I had this conversation in the car today....
Adney: There is a Lady driving that big truck.
Me: Yeah you're right.
Adney: Mom, Ladies can't drive tractors.
Me: Oh yeah? How come?
Adney: Don't worry Mom, you not a Lady. You can drive tractors with me and daddy.
Me: Thanks buddy.

Cammon for some reason thought me getting him undressed today was hilarious. He would giggle every time I would take more clothes off.

Adney wiped his own bottom today after he went poo poo and then brought me the toilet paper to show me his accomplishment.

I was in WalMart and there were two couples making out in the bread isle. I swear there is something in the air in this town that makes everyone go into heat.

Cammon smiled at the mommy and baby in the mirror today and when the baby smiled back, he got startled. 

See, just a day. Like many other days. But I am left with the feeling of contentment and joy. Like I was sprinkled with fairy dust or gassed with laughing gas. Or maybe I am still hopped up on sugar from Halloween. Or maybe I really do have the best life ever.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Adney is so cute... I love that you aren't a lady. haha!

HAYHAY said...

I love your thoughts on love.... inspiring.

Bethany Sines said...

mirm this is so fun to read!!! it's little stories like this that get me excited for motherhood.

and the making out in the bread isle thing?? aarrgh, soooo gross. i hate college students most of the time.