Kyle and I were watching the movie The Bucket List last night. We both like that movie but we disagree on several things. You know how the two sick men go on a trip around the world? Well that is practically my dream vacation. I was dreaming of the trip I would take someday to the many interesting places in the world when Kyle said "That has to be the most boring, lame trip ever" (talking about the trip they go on in the movie). I was dumbfounded. I asked him what a non-lame trip would be and he said "The mountains." Please understand that we practically live in the mountains. Well not really in the mountains, but compared to where I grew up in the mid-west... we might as well be in a log cabin on top of a mountain. And every trip Kyle goes on is to go fishing or hunting... in the mountains... like every week.
Me: "So your ideal trip would be to see something that you see every day in a place you already live?"
Kyle: "Yup- why go anywhere else?"
Me: "So you wouldn't want to see the Great Wall of China?
Kyle: "No China is disgusting, what would I eat there? It's all gross."
Me: "Or the Taj Mahal?"
Kyle: "No, I would probably catch some crazy disease."
Me: "And you just want to spend all of our vacations in the mountains... in Idaho?"
Kyle: "No, we could go to Wyoming or Utah or even Colorado."
Me: "Ok, well I am going to travel the world. And you aren't invited."
Not that I don't appreciate the mountains.... because I do. I love a good mountain as much as the next person. But there are so many people and places in the world. And each one of them is different and wanting to be explored. Never to venture outside of my comfort zone would be.... so depressing.
Kyle and I are alike in so many ways. But opposite in even more ways. He orders the same thing every time at a restaurant. He is more of a "If it ain't broke... don't fix it" kind of mentality. And I never order the same thing twice. He is country, and I am rock n roll. He wears cowboy boots and I wear stilettos. He is a do things step by step kind of guy and I am a figure it out as I go along kind of girl. He stresses and I say "Come what may".
What can I say... he is my other half. He is everything I am not. He... completes me. (oh so cheesy... try not to gag). But seriously... who wants to travel the world with me? And where should we go?
Cuz this awesome winter wasteland.... not my idea of a really great time.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I'll be your huckleberry! I don't even know your husband, but I think I can safely say he's an idiot, vacation-wise! :)
I will travel with you. I want to see the world too. But WOW! the mountians... Not sure what to say about that.
What a stick in the mud! I also have dreams of world travel and my hubby isn't the least bit interested. At least he isn't a country boy and wants the mountain's tho...his ideal is cali at the beach, which is great...don't get me wrong.
Ahh, someday. I want to go so many places!
Okay your little trip convo-hilarious! It sounds like Kevin when he just wants to be "opposite" me for fun. Haha!
I am with you Miriam!! I still like Kyle. I would love to travel the world with ya!!!!
Post a Comment