Friday, December 17, 2010

Today's my Birthday- Shout horray!

So I know I am all grown up and not supposed to get all excited about my birthday.... But I don't really care what I am supposed to do. I love my birthday! I don't even have to do anything great and wonderful, just the fact that it's my birthday is exciting to me. I am like a little kid sometimes. How old am I, you ask? 26. And I kind of think that 26 is old... but not really. I have mixed feelings.  If you ask Adney I am either 103 yrs old or 9 yrs old. Tonight we are going to get pizza and rent a movie and eat cake. Just our little family. Should be fun.

So I have been feeling super crafty lately. I just finished a few crafts, but I am already planning my next projects. 

I think... I am going to make a few of these for my boys:
 AND I am making a quilt for Adney's bed. A big, heavy, warm, soft one. I have it all cut out. Kyle's mom is helping me put it all together. I don't want to get my hopes too far up... but I think it will be kind of awesome. But then again.... I kind of suck at sewing. SO we will see.

Not as crafty...  but equally homemakery (that's a word right?)... I am doing some Christmas baking today. On the menu is Oreo truffles, caramel pretzel sticks, chocolate chip cookies (Kyle's request), and rocky road fudge. (Can I get an AMEN?!) And a gingerbread choo choo train (don't freak out... it's from a boxed kit- haha).

You want to know what Kyle got me for my birthday? This sweet little baby. He rocks.

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Cute jacket! Elliott updated our silhouettes, and added a new one for Henry, for my birthday present.

In about 10 years, when you are close to 40, you may not be so excited (ask me how I know... yep, I'm 10 years older than you. agh!)

Candria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! That coat totally looks like you! Hope you're boys treat the princess of the house like a queen today!!!

Diana Smith said...

Swoon!! I love that jacket! Its so classy!! Happy birthday, and not to steal your thunder, mine is tomorrow! I am totally with you though, I love my birthday!

Carly said...

HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
awesome coat

Amiee said...

Happy Birthday!!! and LOVE the coat! It's adorable!

Young People in Love said...

Holeeee crap. That coat is KILLER! Woah. Good thing you deserve only the best!!

Audrey said...

Happy LATE Birthday! Kyle done goooood cuz that coat is DANG FINE! I'm sure you make it look even better!