Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oh Craft - kinda sounds like a swear word right?

Remember when I was making plans to craft? Well... I finally did yesterday. And it was kinda fun. And my normal not so crafty self actually made some cute stuff. Wanna see?
Adney insisted on being in every picture. He's cute though, so I don't mind.
Candy Cane Wreath
 Kyle says my Candy cane wreath looks like one of these. I agree.

 I also made this: Which is my favorite. (excuse my messy kitchen in the background... things kind of fall apart when I craft haha). It was a $2.30 craft. Fabric remnants (1.50), felt (.80), ribbon (hand me down).

Cute right?
 Adney wanted to do a craft too... so we made these paper wreathes. His is the top one.
 Quick story:
When Kyle was single, he told his Mom that he wanted to have a fishing themed tree when he got married. It's Kyle's mom's tradition to buy a married couple their first tree and all the stuff to go on it. So his mom started buying fishing ornaments when she found them and saving them to give to Kyle's future outdoorsy fisher-woman wife. haha. Well.. then he met me. And everyone knew I would never ever have a fishing tree. I more of a glitz and glam Christmas tree kind of girl. So my sweet mother in law got us all lime green and red decor. And it's all very sparkly and fun. I kind of love my Christmas tree. But we still had all this fishing Christmas stuff. And I thought I would never ever... ever use it. Then... I had two boys. And Adney came across the fishing stuff when I got our Christmas boxes out this year. And he kind of loved it all. SO... I borrowed a little tree and let Adney have his very own fishing tree. It's kind of perfect really.

He spends all day decorating and re-decorating his fishing tree and it's alright with me ;)
 
And I can't get enuogh of this delicious little Christmas treat. He's so yummy.
Just Scrumptious.

5 comments:

Breeana said...

I agree - just scruptious!!

And what a cute idea for Adney to have his own tree to decorate (and re-decorate) over and over again. Soooo cute! That's certainly a great way to entertain him while indoors. :)

Candria said...

You're all so cute!

Diana Smith said...

haha craft does sound like a swear word!! I love the fish tree! Very different, but super cute and fun memories!

Ally said...

haha. its funny the things we do for our children that we would NEVER do for our husbands. i.e fishing tree!!

Audrey said...

Ooo I love your crafts! And I love your pictures!