These past few weeks I have been engulfed into a quilting project. (to clarify... I don't actually "quilt"... I more like... tie a blanket haha). Look what I made.
A blanket for Adney's bed. He had been sleeping with a really ugly one and a variety of throws and such. It made me feel like a bad person when I snuggled up in my beautiful, giant, warm quilt every night. So I made Adney one. And he loves it. He keeps saying that it is "boo-tiful". It makes me happy that he likes it. It is a combo of cotton and minky. And the binding is satin. I tried to make it random and unorganized and yet still cool. I donno. I pretty much just made it up as I went. haha. More than anything... it is good to have it all done so I can move on with my life. However, the crazy in me already has another one planned for my little sister who graduates in May. Bah!
Guess who has been crawling?
Cammon has! Holy Crap right?It is crazy to me that he is already crawling. I just want him to stay babyish for a while longer.
But he doesn't care what I think. Stinker.
He also has two teeth now... going on three. And sleeps through the night most of the time (Hallelujah!). He decided that he hates baby food though. And I pretty much have to force a jar down him every day. Not that I am worried about him being too skinny. Definitely not his problem. haha
He also throws a mean tantrum. Like drop to the floor... legs and arms flailing.... scream so hard you think he might pass out kind of tantrum. Just never take anything away from him and never walk away from him and he will be as happy as pie. Easy right? haha
As for this one...
He's mommy's little helper most of the time. He loves doing puzzles lately and is getting really good at them. He also loves Megamind. And could watch it all day long... over and over... if I let him. He is doing awesome at potty training. He only has an accident like once a week. We still put a diaper on him at night though. I have no idea how to get a kid to not wet their bed. Any suggestions?
OH... and Kyle buzzed his hair. haha. My poor little bald boy! His hair was getting way long though. And we figure... the shorter we cut it... the longer we have until we have to do it again. haha.
And one last update: Kyle got into the University of Utah's accelerated nursing program. He is way excited about it. We will still choose University of Arizona if he gets in there. But we haven't heard back from them yet. So we will see. We feel relieved knowing that he got in somewhere though. The program starts in the middle of May. So we have to make some decisions soon.
Remeber how Kyle was having some health issues? He was feeling better for a while... like a week. But his pain in his guts has come back with a vengeance. We are still trying to figure out what is going on with him. Lots of doctors and trying different medicines. Hopefully we will find some answers sooner than later. I just hate not knowing. I feel so bad for him and with that I could do something to make it better. So keep him in your prayers.
Anywho... that is all the updates with us! Life is good. Overall we are feeling really blessed lately.










6 comments:
Love the quilt. And the boys! I can't believe how much they each favor one of you. Cammon is all you, and Adney is all Kyle!
I hope you get Kyle's issues figured out soon. That is no fun.
That is an incredibly cute quilt you made! I've been wanting to do something like that...but I feel like it's SUCH a BIG project, I just can't get myself to do it. But GO YOU! The boys are as adorable as always, or should I say as "studish" (is that a word?) as always. haha. And cool that Kyle got into a school! Sheesh. May is right around the corner...
I am at the same point with your Cammon with my Olivia. She is trying sooo hard to crawl its soo cute!
that quilt is amazing. and I can not get over how much Cammon looks like Adney!
With potty training at night.....usually you have to just wait until they grow out of it. But, you could try not giving him drinks for a few hours before bed. Braden still has accidents at night sometimes.
I adore the fabrics you picked out for Adney's quilt. So fabulous!
When in the world did Cammon get so _big_? (And I totally want to know what kind of lens you have on your camera to get such a great depth of field; I'm totally jealous!)
Night diapers... what happens if you put him to bed bare bottomed? The idea is that they wake up just enough to realize they have something on their bum, think it must be a diaper, and pee. If they're naked-bummed, they realize it. At least that's the idea. :)
Post a Comment