Friday, March 25, 2011

Bag of Shame.

So... I have a sweet tooth. Like a crazy bad one. I could eat sweets all day long and not get tired of them. I am not one of those girls that have had too many sweets after one chocolate. Nope. I pretty much never get tired of them. It's a little embarrassing sometimes. I try to not buy them so I am not tempted to do something as silly as this:

The other day I bought a bag of mint Oreos at the store. This was my first mistake. I thought they would be a good after dinner treat for the family. So when I got home I thought "I'll just have one right now and then put the rest away for later". Well one turned into two and then three and then a whole row. And before I knew it there was like 5 left. Adney had a few, but if I am honest I pretty much ate them all. And then there was the realization that Kyle was coming home in a few minutes. And he would see them and know what I did. And he teases me about my sweet tooth a lot. And I was embarrassed. And childish. haha. So I hid the bag.

There is a bag with 5 Oreos in it in the cupboard above the fridge still. I think I need sweets rehab.
Curse you Mint Oreos!

9 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

One thing I really like doing with Oreo's is buying them in the family pack (I am not sure if they have them in mint but they do in just the regular kind) because then they come in individually sealed sleeves. Then we can eat one sleeve and be done. Another great thing if you love sweets is to get dried fruit (we buy craisins in bulk at Winco) and then you don't have to deny yourself the sweets because you are getting your fruit, and they are chucked full of vitamins.
But I would say don't worry about it too much, because your mom. Sometimes it takes sweets to help us survive the last 30 minutes before the husband gets home.

Carly said...

they are just sooooo good hahaha

Dave and Tana said...

I am so addicted to those...I can't buy them or they will be gone that fast too!

Ally said...

I'm not an oreo's fan but i like the mint ones that are dipped in chocolate. Have you had those?!?

Audrey said...

Oh I have totally done this! (You're not alone!) And then Kevin says I eat all the good food before he gets any. boo. That's one of the reasons I decided to wean myself "cold turkey" and try the no sweets thing. Seriously though, I am from a family that looooovvves their treats. After lunch or dinner or bedtime snack. I only let myself have like one or two treats on Saturday or Sunday. I choose. And it really hasn't been as bad as I thought. I just LOVE and CRAVE fresh fruit. Especially strawberries and blackberries!

Diana Smith said...

haha I do the same thing, but with ice cream! its horrible cause that stuff guys right to your thighs and BOOTY!

Bairds said...

I am just proud that there is still 5 left in the cupboard. I have the same problem.. I just can't buy anything good. Just one bite turns into I accidently ate the whole thing…whoops.

Miriam, I love your blog. You are a great writer and write what I feel a lot but can't put it into words as good as you. I'm excited for you to move to Utah but will miss my awesome photographer. Oh wait… we go to Utah like every month.

The Packards said...

Rozlyn wont nurse if i eat ANY sort of chocolate...its the saddest things ever!! So basically im jealous that you got to eat all those oreos...trust me i would have done the same thing if I could.

Patrick and Michelle Hinckley said...

Awww Miriam! We should start a help group... Like AA we will be each other's sponsors.... " no Miriam, put the bag down, walk away from the cookies, WALK AWAY! ( Or me the strudel topping!)