Sunday, August 3, 2008

New Adney tricks

Adney is in such a fun stage where he is learning like crazy. It is so fun to watch him discover the world around him. Here are some fun things he is doing lately:

* High Fives!
* Throwing stuff in the garbage and the laundry basket ( love that he is trying to help, even though he threw my shirt in the garbage and a dirty diaper in the laundry)
*Begin affectionate to stuffed animals. Especially the little dog that my sister Krystal gave him when he was born. Man he drags that dog everywhere and is pretty protective over him. He also rocks and sings to his little baby doll (yes, he has a doll, but its a boy baby).
* Getting super excited when he sees any kind of bird, or bug, or animal. This made the zoo fun and he loves going out to Dad's farm to see all the cows and birds.
* Blowing on his food if I tell him it's hot. Only it's more of a hot breath than a cooling blow.
* Cracking up at himself. I catch him in fits of giggles when he is sitting in his bead or playing by himself. I'm not sure what he is laughing at, but it is, evidently, really funny.
* He tells me "Na na na" when he doesn't want me to do something
* Grunts towards stuff when he wants something or wants to go somewhere

He is so much fun and does something new everyday. I love being the mom of the cutest kid on the planet. I keep thinking that I will get over how cute his is, but I never do, he just gets cuter and cuter.

5 comments:

Garling Ranch said...

He is so cute! I can see him doing all of those things...you know it is pretty funny, because I think you do some of those same things sometimes without realizing it. You guys are so much alike (which is a great thing).

Mare said...

He is growing up so fast it is crazy. He is such a cute little man and gets so much cutier each time we see him.

Jen Bowen said...

Adney sounds so cute! I love the facial expression in the picture.

Carlson said...

I miss Adney..... :( He is the cutest kid ever! I love that he laughs so much.

Harris Family said...

I can't believe how big he is!! Doesn't it go by just so fast? It looks like he is having lots of fun.