Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I miss you Adney
So I started work yesterday and I already miss my baby so much. Work is going well though. It is a good job for me and I enjoy it. During my lunch break today I saw a group of young mommies walking with their strollers and kind of wanted to cry. Kyle has been a big support and has tried to be understanding and helpful during this trasnsition, and I appreciate his love and support. I go over to my mother in-laws during lunch and play with him, and he seems really happy and like he is having a lot of fun. But I am still heart sick about it. Will it get easier?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I have been in your shoes so I know how you feel. I think it is important to not compare yourself to other moms. You are doing what you have to for your family. You should feel proud of that. luv ya
You poor thing! That would be even harder seeing other moms with their kids while you are not with yours. Honestly, I don't know how you are working and being a mom. It takes a lot of talent to be a mom, wife, homemaker, breadwinner, and still be sane. I really hope that things will ease with time, but for now, it will probably be your greatest challenge in life.
It takes a strong person to do it! I know I joke about being a mom sometimes but I love my kids and I love staying home with them. I also know that I am extrememly lucky to be able to. alot of people cant. You have to do what you gotta do for your family! You are strong, and lucky to have family around to help!
Nope it doesn't get any easier. Pretty soon Adney won't even know who you are anymore.
KIDDING! Miriam you are AWESOME, you are doing a great thing, and your family will be blessed for it. Just keep listening to the Spirit and follow those promptings. Adjustments are hard, but they shouldn't be TOO hard, just stay prayerful and you'll do the right thing, just like you have been.
I'm sure it'll get easier for you!
When Ned joined the Navy, someone once offered this advice about deployments: "Don't tell yourself not to cry or be sad. It's ok to own those feelings. If you try to push them away they will just hide and get worse. But on the same token...get up each morning and fake it till you make it." I think in your situation the same thing applies. It's ok to be sad and frustrated. But along with those feelings you can find good in what you're doing and you know Adney is safe and happy. Just keep smiling..fake it till you make it!
Post a Comment