Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Adney's Chair & Hornets vs. Kyle

Hi, My name is Adney. Like my chair?


If you wish you had a chair as cool as mine, raise your hand.

Yeah, you're right, it would take a lot more than a chair to make you cool, Mom.

Check out this hornet nest. Kyle, my hero, destroyed it last night with a hose and some bleach. It had been threatening national security (and by that, I mean us and our neighbors). So Kyle declared war on the hornets. Kyle won. You should have seen all of the sad hornet corpses strewn all over the sidewalk. All the mommy hornets crying. Wounded hornet soldiers, limping around until they finally met their final breath (do hornets breathe?).

What I mean to say is, thanks, honey. I hated those dang hornets.

6 comments:

Amiee said...

Oh my!! Those hornets are scary things! Wow....I can't believe how big that is. I'm glad it's gone! Yay for Kyle!

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

I love Adney's facial expressions in those pics. And gross about the hornets-there is a nest in our post register mail box-I felt bad having Rick kill them but I don't want it to get as big as yours, so I'll have to send him to war too. I am scared of those things!

Morgen said...

k, my skin is all creepy crawly now after seeing that picture! Good for Kyle! I know who to call if we ever need an exterminator:)

Garling Ranch said...

Wow! That's a huge old nest of hornets! We have been killing tons of hornets this year too! It must be a "hornet" year. Adney is so cute on his red chair. He just keeps getting bigger and cuter!

Jen Bowen said...

Yikes! That hornets' nest is freaky! I'm glad Kyle won and that there didn't seem to be any battle wounds to report :)

Carlson said...

Alright Kyle! That nest is haunting! Yikes.