I have lots of good news. I got a job! I will be working at the Standard Journal, which is the local paper. It isn't great money, but nothing is around here. And I think it will be good experience professionally for me. I had an interview today with the publisher, Tod Young. He was so nice and I really look forward to learning from him.
In other news, my baby sister Emily is getting married! She is engaged to a really nice guy named Matt Hecker. They are getting married in Nauvoo on October 17th. Hooray! I can't believe she is getting hitched though. But I am so proud of her. And I think Matt is a good match for her. They are both super athletic and level headed.
Other than that, I don't know how many of you have been watching the Olympics, but I watch them religiously. I always feel so American (in a good way) when I watch the Olympics. I especially love watching gymnastics. My heart definitely goes out to Nastia Leukin. The tie breaker thing the other night was so unfair and she was so much better than that cute little China Doll (don't know her name, that's just what Kyle calls her).
Adney has been doing lots of fun new things too. He never gets boring. Lately he has been trying to put ear phones in his ears and dancing whenever he hears music. He also tries to brush my hair, which is usually pretty painful, but oh so adorable. He also has learned how to shake his head no really well. Which is cute, but frustrating when I really want him to do something and all he does is shake his cute head at me. Haha.
Sorry this is kind of boring, but I will post more pictures soon.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
YEA!!! Congrats on the job!!!!
Oh and we are LOVING the Olympics too!!! The other night I felt a little silly when I knew the name of Phelps' coach...I might need to take a break from the Olympics! :)
yahhhhhoooooo you got a job!!
YAY nice work!
My little niece says no to EVERYTHING, even when she means yes. She'll even nod yes and say no.
Way to go Miriam! You are going to do such a great job with your new job for the journal. You will get a lot of experience and it will probably help you in your future jobs.
Congratulations! good luck with it all!
Congrats on the job and I know what you mean about the Olympics! I have stayed up till all hours of the night every day since they started and I can't even complain!! That top post of Adney is so cute, by the way. I wish we were still around so Brooklyn could have a boyfriend!! Miss you guys! Take care.
Post a Comment