Thursday, August 14, 2008

Job Search.

I am still looking for a job. Boo. Kyle only gets two more pay checks from his job he has now and then it is my turn. I am glad he is quiting his job. It will be good for him to focus on school. However, my time to shine is coming quickly, the pressure is on and I am getting frustrated. At this point, I don't even care what I do, as long as it pays well. There are a million jobs I could get easily here, but I would only get paid $7.50. Unfortunately, I need to make at least $10 per hour in order to support us. And even then, we will have no cushion room. The other day I actually considered applying to be a janitor at a middle school and a correctional officer. At this point, it is not above me. I hate feeling this desperate. I am usually more positive in my thinking and I am still hoping for a miracle.

If anyone knows of anyone who is hiring, please let me know. I have a BA in communication. I am good at all things advertising and graphic design. I have a lot of experience in the administrative assistant/ receptionist area. I am a hard worker and willing to learn new things. Hopefully my next post will be more positive and tell everyone all about my exciting new job.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

This is just an idea, but I remember when I was there, seeing ads fairly often for designers at the newspaper there. It would be an advertising job, and you'd get to do a little designing that's probably not too complex. Companies have newspapers design their ads a lot.

My sis-in-law worked for Artco as a sales rep. It was just during the holidays, but her hours were really flexible so she could be home a lot. I'm sure they have other jobs there that require a little more software knowledge too.

If you are crafty, you can make a little dough on Etsy.com. I have a friend that designs invitations, and that's their main income. I started doing it too, but I've been super lazy about posting new items and haven't sold anything yet.

Good luck!

Amiee said...

I don't know if any of these jobs have anything to do with your degree or experience but check this website out for some ideas of place that are hiring: http://www.snagajob.com/jobs/Idaho/Rexburg_jobs.html

Also the BYU-Idaho bookstore is hiring and also bed bath and beyond in IF is trying to find a store manager right now too. Anyway, don't know if that helps any but those are some ideas. Good luck!!!!

Carly said...

good luck miriam! i wish i had a few ideas but i'll ask at our ward tomorrow.

love and stuff, carly

Mare said...

Try the hospital. They are always hiring. They usually start pretty well and then have GREAT benefits. They have a wedsite and you can have them email you all the new job postings. Just go to madison memorial. Hope that helps... I totally understand I get to go back to work in a couple months. Hey also when do you guys want to come over for dinner?

Jake and Em said...

Hey Miriam! I'm on the same hunt at the moment! Good luck! Keep your head up, it will end well!!