Friday, August 22, 2008
Music and the Soul
So for the past week or so I have noticed that my whole spirit is feeling a little broken. I don't know what that's all about. Probably PMS or feeling frustrated about not being able to provide for my family very well, even after all those years of education so that I could if I needed to. I think the phrase, "When mama's not happy, no one's happy" rings true here. Because my nagative mood bled all over everyone else. Kyle was grumpy and Adney fussed and whined all day. So today, I decided that it will go on no longer. The first thing I did was put on some of my favorite music. The two songs I chose first was "Claire de Lune" and "New Shoes". And I realized, listening to my favorite music makes happy, like when I wear my favorite outfit and feel great in it. Then instead of making breakfast while Adney begged and whined for my attention, I let Adney help me. He put the cheese in the eggs and helped me stir it and put his hand on the milk while I poured it. He loved it and danced to the music while he ate. Then, I read Carly Carlsons Blog. She wrote about her new positive Mantra. So I think I will make one of those today too. I think I am going to make a conscious decision to be happy and stop dwelling on my frustrations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love you post! It is funny how all moms seem to think alike. I have been feeling like prozak is the only way to stay sane lately. So today I actually remembered to pray and ask for help with being possitive and patient through tough days. And someone after being told the girls favorite food I spent and hour cooking was "nasty" I managed to stay calm and not break down.
It is amazing how trying to stay positive can help out. And nothing is better than knowing that you aren't the only person struggling with this. So thanks for your post and reminding me that I can stay positive and it isn't just me reminding themselves to do it!
Hey! I just tagged you! I don't know if you have done it before, so if you need to know how to do this thing, just check out my blog! Thnx!
Congrats on the job-sorry it isn't what you imagined your first job out of college would be! It is hard trying to provide for the family-I worked at Melaleuca for a year and a half trying to do it. I think the hardest part for me was that I wasn't able to get to know people in the ward better. I didn't get to go to enrichment and RS things because I always had to work at night-hopefully you don't have to work until 10 every night! You guys will get by though I just know you'll be ok!
You should keep letter Adney help you cook-I started letting Carson and now he loves it...I mean he always has. Sometimes it is more of a hassle than help, but I can't get over the way his face shines when he "helps".
Post a Comment