Most Delicious Sandwich.... Ever... I think.
So my friend Jen gave me this recipe and I LOVE it. We eat these all the time and they are mmm..mmmm yummy. We ate them tonight and I planned on taking some pictures while I did, but we got too excited and devoured them all before I remembered. Ooops. Oh well, just use your imagination.
Ingredients:
8 slices of Lunch Meat (I use Ham, but turkey or chicken or roast beef or just whatever you have on hand will work great.)
1 small can sliced olives
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground Cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1 large tomato, sliced
1 large avocado, sliced
3/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterrey jack or both or just whatever you have)
4-6 rolls (I like to use hoagie bread or something similar, but you can use whatever. Leftover dinner rolls or hamburger buns or whatever. Just something thicker than regular sandwich bread)
How to make:
Mix Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt, Mayo, and Sour Cream together in a small bowl.
Spread the mixture over the open faced rolls.
Put green onion and olives on next
Then the tomato slices
Then the Meat
Then the cheese
Then pop those babies in the oven for 12 minutes at 350 degrees
Then take them out of the oven and top them with Avocado slices
Then devour the yumminess.
This recipe makes 8 open faced sandwiches if you use hoagie bread (so 4 hoagies, cut in half).
Adney isn't a huge fan of these sandwiches so I usually made a kid friendly version for him while I am at it with Bread, plain mayo, meat, and cheese.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
mmmmmm...you have just inspired us to have yummy sandwhiches for dinner! cant wait!
Yum-O! We did one similar to this a few weeks ago, but you put chicken in the crockpot with broth and steak seasoning, shred and use that in place of the lunch meat (I thought I could fool Dean that it was a "dinner sandwich", not a lunch one. For some reason, lunch meat doesn't qualify as dinner food for that boy... Oh, and we put the avocado in the oven too which was actually pretty good!
These sound delicious! I am definitely going to be making these sometime soon! Thanks for sharing.
Ooh, that sounds GOOD! Can't wait to try it. Thanks!!
Post a Comment