Sunday, June 13, 2010

My fat suit.

Hello?...... Body? ....... Are you still in there? I know you look like a big fat lady right now but uh... normal sized you is still there right?..... Hello? ...... Anyone?

So I think I am kind of dramatic. Ok, I know I am. But everything about this pregnancy has been harder than my first one physically. I am hoping that means that the labor will be easier (39 days and counting...more or less). But I think the thing that has been the hardest on me is getting SO much fatter. Its rediculous. And it's probably my own fault, I don't plan on letting myself ever get this fat again, pregnant or not. Because I am learning that I am not cut out to be a fat person. I don't have the self esteem for it. And I was realizing the other day that some of my newer friends probably just think I am always fat and cannot even imagine what I look like normally. Or maybe it's harder imagining my long time friends making the comparison. And I am at the point in my pregnancy where I feel like I have been pregnant for so long that its hard to remember what being normal feels like. Even though, in my head I know that I won't be pregnant forever and I will lose the weight and be skinny again. But somewhere, on my irrational side (aka the pregnancy hormone side) I fear that I will always be huge and will be forced to dislike the way I look forever and ever amen. I'm sure there are other mother's out there who can relate to how I am feeling?

So just to make myself feel better.... (or is it to just prove my point?) here are some skinny vs current me picture...
Ok, so this is a picture of me and my friend Kaylee in the fall of 2005. I was still single and childless.... so maybe that isn't fair to myself.
 Ok, here is one of us when Adney was 6 months old. So December of 2007. (By the way, my husband is super hot in this picture, right?) But I am not pregnant in this picture, so maybe that isn't fair either. 
Ok, so here is me pregnant with Adney, at about the same time in my pregnancy as I am now. I cannot even begin to fit into that maternity shirt right now or the pants for that matter... by the way.
 And here is one of me that someone took while I was teaching a photography enrichment a few weeks ago.
Here is another one from the same enrichment.... YIKES!!!
I don't think I need to even say anything. Let the pictures speak for themselves.

(*Disclaimer: I really do love myself. I am just being overly dramatic and whiny because I am pregnant and I can and my husband is tired of hearing me complain about it so you all get to.)

15 comments:

Young People in Love said...

yeeeesss!!! there's just more of you to love :)

but for reals- you are always a babe

Jessica said...

You are allowed to feel all the feelings you want when you're pregnant. I sure did. The fact of the matter is that you are insanely gorgeous no matter what size. I've always been envious of the way you carry yourself, with such poise and confidence, even while pregnant.

Side note... Layla misses Adney already and doesn't want a thing to do with nursery here, because he isn't here with her.

Carly said...

oh my good gracious mirm! you are so gorgeous! i love you! just know that some 500 miles away... i feel the same way. and i know that you would roll your eyes at me and say the same i'm telling you... you.are.beautiful!

Kambria said...

If ever I need a reminder that I don't look good fat, I just take out my driver's license. Yep, I had to renew it two weeks before delivering Owen and I look like I was stung by a bee, been to the dentist or it's Halloween and I am a sumo wrestler ;)

I am positive your pictures don't top that and in fact you look glowing, happy, great hair and happy. So good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and just know it really will all "deflate" and melt off--into a beautiful baby boy!

And, and when Kyle and Kent are off fishing this week for an insane amount of hours, if you are not busy, call me and lets do something!!!

Mike and Anna said...

You look great! How have you been? I haven;t talked to you in awhile, I am jealous that you get to see my sister, and she gets to see you! So have you thought of any names yet? And have yu talked to katie lately? She hasnt updated her blog, and i know she had a little girl last year, so how has she been? Give me a call!

Breeana said...

Hahaha! You are hilarious, Miriam! Especially your last part. Let me empathize with you, knowing that's a definite need for women (and especially pregnant women!). Cody sounds like your hubby too... he got tired of my whinings. :) I was always saying, "IT'S OKAY IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT OR CHANGE IT... JUST GIVE ME SOME SYMPATHY AND LOVE, DANGIT!" haha

WELL, you should try some Fortune Delight! Start drinking a couple packets a day - it regulates the fluids in your body. I'm guessing you are not "fat" but your body is storing WATER. The more hydrated you are, the less you'll store water. Fortune Delight is a hydrating electrolite drink and nick-named the "fat-flusher" drink. (p.s. it's healthier than anything you'd find at the store... it's like super-charging your water! so it's even HEALTHY for you AND your little baby!)

Let me know if you want to try some! I think you'd love it. :)

Love YOU!

Stephanie and Moana Haretuku said...

Haha Miriam you are so cute!! you look great! Dont even worry! Love ya! Congrats on the soon to be new addition!

Morgen said...

give yourself a break!! You are prego! and you look great!!! I am way bigger than you and I am not pregnant!...good thing I have the self-esteem to pull off "fat" cuz I don't think it's going anywhere:)

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

Well I think you are gorgeous nine months prego or not! But I totally felt the same way my second pregnancy-I even emailed pictures of my old self to Rick and said, "See, I did not always weigh more than you!" It's all worth it though for the healthy beautiful babies that come as a result!I'm so excited to see your new little one-good luck this last month!

The Packards said...

Haha Miriam, can i just say i love you and you are totally cute! We all know that you are normally skinny, but my thinking is if you are going to gain some weight do it while pregnant, and then just nurse it off :) You will fit right back into those pre prego jeans in no time!

Hannah said...

You're so funny! Don't worry, I'm living proof that it does come off, thank HEAVEN!!! You're getting so close to the end. Yay!!!

Mare said...

Hang in there and know that there is an end. Trust me I hit the scary please tell me you are kidding mark of 220 pounds while pregnant and I was only 32 weeks! From one "feeling huge and gross mom" to another know it gets better. Hang in there and know that after a few hundred hours of pilates your abs will look like you never even thought of having a kid! PS even at what you think is huge you are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Haha! It's so funny to find out different people's perspectives... I think (hope) I am one of those newer friends you're talking about, and I have thought from day 1 of meeting you that you are just one of the cutest girls I know. :) And you get all cute with hair and makeup done every Sunday, which is a LOT more than I can say for myself. And Jessica is right... you carry yourself so well, you make others (including myself) envy you. :)

Kristina said...

Aw, I miss you guys. And may I just say that I'm so sad I missed your photography class!! Seriously, I was wishing like YESTERDAY that I could take a photography class. Don't worry, babe, it will come off. And bonus, you can give your kid guilt trips about your suffering when he's a teenager! ;)

Miriam Lusk said...

Wow thanks guys! I didn't write that to fish for compliments, but I sure appreciate the love and support. You guys are great!