Have I ever told you that my husband works on a farm? Well he does. He grew up working on one, and so did his dad and his grandpa and his great grandpa and his... well you get the picture. You would never know that about my husband by just meeting him. He comes across totally "California boy". But in real life he is a tractor driving, cow loving, boot wearing... farm boy. It's not what he is going to do forever as a career, but he has worked on his parent's farm to get us through school financially. Which has been a huge blessing. Let me tell you, farm work doesn't pay a lot, but it pays a lot more than working at Melaleuca or Western Watts or some awful call center. And during the summer and fall are the busiest times to be a farmer. Which is bad, because when he finally has time off of school, he is working 14 hour days on the farm. So we don't see a whole lot of him. But good because it is the perfect opportunity for us to save some money so that we can pay our bills while he IS in school.
And Adney LOVES the farm. Loves isn't a strong enough word... I would say he is obsessed with the farm. Since we don't see a lot of Kyle at home, Adney and I go to the farm. We ride in tractors and look at cows and follow Kyle around as he works. It is Adney's favorite thing to do in the whole world. He got some new farm pants yesterday and they looked so cute on him, I had to take a few shots. Only Adney is so distracted and amazed by the farm that it is hard to get him to look at the camera.
Oh, Hi Mom.
And I am pretty convinced that I am going to go into labor while riding in a tractor, it isn't exactly a smooth ride.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Those are the cutest overalls I've ever seen.....or maybe it's just the cute little boy in them that makes them so stinkin' adorable. Yep, definitely the little boy.
Too fun! Like father like son. Good thing you will always have a place to take him when he gets all grown up and needs to learn the value of HARD WORK. Love his overalls. Did you pick them out?
He is so cute!!!! What a little man!
Post a Comment