Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer To Do List:

I think some blogs have "soul". They reach into your heart and touch it. And sometimes it is the blog of an old friend or a best friend or complete stranger that reaches you. And you find yourself thinking about that person during your day. Or applying something that they wrote about to your own life. What an amazing gift to the world! Whether you have 18 readers or 18,000 readers. Sharing a piece of your soul with the world. Technology really is amazing.

One of my favorite blogs to read lately is by a lady named Kelle Hampton. Most of  you probably read it too. But in case you don't here you go. She has a way of communicating her soul that very few writers can achieve. And most of it is just everyday stuff, and some of it is deeper and more heavy. But I feel I could take some notes from her on motherhood and what it means.

Anyhow, she made a list of things she wants to do this summer. And summer is my very favorite season too. I love everything about it. So I am going to copy her.

To Do this Summer:
1. Set up an awesome slip n' slide in our front yard and invite all our friends over to play on it.
2. Learn how to grill.
3. Run in sprinklers
4. Go camping
5. Lay on the lawn and look at stars
6. Go through a Gallon of Bubbles
7. Plant a flower pot and have it live for more than a week
8. Get front row seats at a Parade
9. Spend a lot of time at the park
10. Eat outside at least twice a week
11. Take loads of awesome photos

I have to do all of this either hugely pregnant or with an infant and a 3 year old. But I am superwoman (at least that's what I keep telling myself) and it will be worth it.

Here's to the best season on earth.... SUMMER! I know it will come eventually.... maybe. 

3 comments:

Brenda said...

great list. I think i may have to copy you on this. Hope you don't mind. This will get me very excited for summer too. thanks for stopping by my blog.

Mare said...

Good list. Get good seats for the Fourth of July parade. We always go to broulims at 8 and put out a blanket and chairs, get donuts and play with chalk and bubbles. It is always an easy one to get good seats at and you have somewhere to take the kids if they get restless waiting. Or carpool with someone and send the men for the seats and come later!

Colby and Samantha said...

You are superwoman! And all those things sound like so much fun I think we might have to try some of those before we move back to the 115 degree weather we need to enjoy these Idaho summers.