Monday, May 10, 2010

Just Glad to be your Mommy

I love my job. Being Adney's Mom is my very favorite thing to do. It's not a fancy job. And the pay definitely isn't great. But nothing in the whole wide world can compare to those moments. Blissful moments. You know the ones. Those moments that leave you wondering how you ever got so lucky, how you could ever love someone so much, and how your heart doesn't explode with joy and pride. Moments where you realize that everything good and beautiful in the world can be found in the smile of your little one.

And my job can make everything magical. Bubbles aren't merely soap and water, but magical and shiny and when they pop they scatter laughter over the earth. Back yards aren't just grass, but distant lands filled with mysterious creatures explored by brave knights. Kisses aren't just signs of affection, but they can heal all the boo boos in the world. And my cooking is surely filled with love and magnetism because no matter what happens, it brings us together at the end of every day.

I think mother's day has me feeling all mushy about being a mom. I think we need to have a day that thanks our kids for letting us be their mommies. Because it is the greatest job in the world. But since there isn't one I simply say. Thanks Adney. Thanks for letting me be your mommy. You are my favorite little kid in the whole world. 

5 comments:

Breeana said...

Awwwww, what I sweet post, Miriam!!! :) You're really good at writing. And who wouldn't be proud to call Adney their son? He's perfect. It was great playing with him and seeing you today! Let's do it more. :)

HAYHAY said...

I love the way you describe being a mommy... beautiful. Motherhood is magical.

Mare said...

He is so adorable... I can't wait to see the next one!

Bethany Sines said...

oh my goodness, he is SOOOOOO adorable

Carlson said...

Awwww. So true. We are lucky!