Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby Wish List.

So I am getting excited for little boy number 2 to join our family (name still TBD). I am 30 weeks pregnant! Only a few months to go! With Adney I didn't know really what I was supposed to want or what I was going to need. But with baby #2 I have been around the block and have a better idea what I am going to want. Here is my list so far of stuff I am investing in:

1. NEW CAR SEAT! With Adney I just used one that my mom bought for me, which was so sweet of her. But it was heavy and awkward and not that cool. So this time around I am picking my own out. I'm not sure exactly which one I want yet but I am leaning towards something like this. Has anyone used the Graco Snugride? Any suggestions?

2. Nursing Cover. I just used an old fashioned blanket with Adney and it was always awkward. And Adney wasn't very good at breastfeeding anyways, so I am definitely going to get one this time. And I'm going to take it to the hospital with me. I think this one. 
3. This Sleeper. Thanks to Gena for the recommendation! We had one with Adney, but it was bulky and noisy and Adney didn't like it. So I think this one looks like a winner.
4. Storage for Breast Milk. Sounds crazy. But with Adney my milk stopped coming in after six months. And I was really hoping to breastfeed him the whole first year. And formula is yucky and expensive. So this time I am planning on pumping and storing a whole lot of breast milk. I have a freezer to keep it in and everything. So that way I can continue to give my baby breast milk after six months.
5. Super cute Diaper bag. Let's get real, I carry one everywhere, and the ones that the hospital gives you, just aint going to cut it. Black plastic vinyl bag with no style. No thanks. That's what I carried with Adney and this time, I just refuse. I am eyeing this one. Cute right?
6. A GOOD nursing bra. Enough said.

7. More memories. With Adney we didn't have a very good camera with us at the hospital or a camcorder until he was like 6 months old (sorry bud!). So this time around I am taking a whole photo crew with me to the hospital. And I am getting one of these to make capturing and sharing all of the special moments that much easier. It's called an iFlip. And they are little (like the same size as my blackberry) and pretty reasonably priced.

Ok... I think that is enough.... for now :) If you have any suggestions of baby stuff that you just absolutely could not live without... please share.

8 comments:

"M" said...

We used Grago Snugride with Annibelle and I really liked it. The one thing I didn't like they fixed (the strap adjuster), and we will be using one again for this little girl. For a nursing cover I got a 'Hooter Hider'. Two actually. One for home when company is over, and one for the diaper bag; they work great and have cute prints! I used the Lansinoh storage bags for mommy milk and they were great. I like the diaper bag you chose. It's cute! My favorite is in backpack form and so wonderful! Look on Diaper.com for nursing bras... I'll have to get back to you with exact details of my favorite ones. I have 3 favorites.

Anonymous said...

We want a new carseat too this time around. Ours was one of those travel systems which we wont need this time.

A couple months ago I got a GREAT diaperbag from SkipHop and they have some very cute colors. We just got the brown because (cough, cough) Jeff's lame (cough, cough) but it's got lots of perfectly sized compartments. We got the Duo Deluxe so that it's plenty big for two kids. They're a little pricey but they'll last forever.

Carly said...

we love our graco carseat, but i can't remember what one it is... i think it's a snugride though :)

we have similar "wish lists"! :) haha

Mare said...

Hey I totally agree with you.... I was so lost when I had the girls plus they have such cool stuff these days for babies. Hey I need your address because I think I can help with one on your wish list, let me know where to send it!

Andrea said...

I had a graco snugride for Karsen and I loved it, no complaints! I also got the stoller that it clips in to. I also have a flip video camera and I love it! The only thing is that if the batteries do dead then you lose all your videos so be sure to download them frequently before you take the batteries out.

Colby and Samantha said...

we have the graco snugride and I like it and so does Archer. Still kinda heavy and I have only been a mom for a short time but so far it works great for us.

Ali Snow said...

I totally feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and what to buy with this baby. I hope I have the things I need. My sister let me know about this great link though - https://www.uddercovers.com/index.php

if you go there and type in the promo code "thanks" the cost of their nursing covers go from $32 to $10.

Good luck!

Amiee said...

One thing I can't live without for both my kids was binky holders! I hated the fact that without it, it would fall on the floor, road, bathroom, etc so many times it drove me crazy. Not to mention the fact that if it wasn't attached to them, I could NEVER find them so binky holders was my lifesaver! Kyla only used a binky for the first 6 months and Tayven still uses the binky but we try not to have it attached to him as much since we're starting to wean him from it but you get the idea. :)
Also, with Tayven a baby swing was amazing! It was so convinient on those nights that he wanted to be held all night because I could stick him in the swing and he'd stay or fall asleep instead of holding him all night. Another lifesaver, yay! Kyla hated the swing though so it totally depends on the baby.
Anyway, sounds like a fun wish list!