Sunday, August 8, 2010

I have a lot on my mind.

I don't talk about religion on my blog very often (seems like I should more). But when I am looking for peace in my life, that is the first place my mind goes... to God and his plan for me.  

I feel like I have been so blessed in my life. I have experienced no real tragedies or great losses. And I have lived and loved a lot. For which I am grateful. Being blessed with a new little one makes me acutely aware of all of the dangers in the world and just how fragile life is. And I know it is inevitable, that at some point in my life someone I love deeply and cannot possibly live without will pass away. And the only peace I will find will be in the gospel and the plan of happiness. These are beliefs that define and strengthen every area of my life.

I am grateful for temples and for the covenants I have made there. And for the peace of mind that I am sealed to my family for time and all eternity.  That this life is not the end.

And worrying about loss has me wanting to live and love even more deeply. Teaching my children correct principles and hoping that my love seeps into every cell of their body. Cherishing my husband in every word and action. So that if this is the last time I ever saw them on this earth, they would without a doubt know I loved them and were better because of it.

Sorry for the morbid and serious topic. My thoughts and prayers go out to the McCullough family at this time.

1 comment:

Ali Snow said...

I followed your link to the McCullogh family. These kinds of stories break my hear. It seems so unfair to loose someone so young and with a young family. Thank goodness for the gospel. Thank you for your testimony. Love you!