Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cammon Kyle Lusk

Do you ever feel like you were born to do or be something? That is how I feel about motherhood. I feel like it is the most important thing I will ever do with my life. Love and raise God's precious children. I feel incredibly blessed to have two little boys that call me Mommy. Cammon joined our family at 5:45 on July 23rd. We just love him SO much. I feel like my heart will burst sometimes b/c it is SO full of love for my two littles. And even after just a week, it is hard to imagine our family without Cammon in it.

Cammon's birth story: On Cammon's due date, we decided that I would be induced the next day. I was tired of being pregnant and my body was just taking its sweet time making progress. And my doctor was pretty confident that I would respond well to the pitosin. So on the morning of the 23rd, we left Adney with my Mom and headed to the hospital. Once we got there and all settled in, they started pumping me full of fluids. After a few hours of fluids, they broke my water and started a pitosin drip. My contractions picked up right away. I went from a 3 to a 4 pretty quickly, and then stayed at a 4 until they upped my pitosin even more. Meanwhile, the contractions were starting to bite, so I got an epidural. All I have to say is GOD BLESS THE EPIDURAL! The doctor came in again and checked me and said I would still be 4 or 5 hours until I was a 10. So I tried to take a nap. But couldn't sleep. So Kyle and I watched Lord of the Rings on TV instead. An hour and a half later I started feeling a whole lot of pressure and felt like I could push. So I rang the nurse and sure enough I was fully dilated. They were amazed that I went from a 4 to a 10 in just over an hour. Meanwhile Cammon's heart rate stayed perfect the whole time, which I was SO grateful for. The doctor came in a few minutes later, and I started pushing. 15 minutes later Cammon joined our family. He was perfect and beautiful and I was overcome with emotion. A few minutes later, my Mom, Adney and Kyle's Mom all came in to see the baby. Adney acted like it was Christmas morning. He was so gentle but SO excited to meet his little brother. He was really concerned about me though and couldn't figure out why I wouldn't get out of bed. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

This picture was taken just moments after Cammon was born. He has such a soft, sweet cry. But the moment they handed him to me, he stopped crying.
He looks a lot like Adney did when he was born. But his scowl looks just like his daddy's. 
Adney just loves his little brother. He kept asking to take him home the moment he met him. "We take him home mommy?" My angel mother was able to be there soon after he was born.
Our first family picture. (Holy crap we  have 2 kids?!)
Cammon's first bath. He hated it.
 Maka and Papa and Bonnie came to see us that night.
 Cammon gave Adney a cowboy hat and boots. He wouldn't take them off for days. He LOVED them.
 Getting ready to go home, wearing his first real clothes. (Thanks Maka!)
At home for the first time! Yay! Doesn't he look so tiny in his car seat?
 I always thought of Adney as just a little guy, but since Cammon came home, everything about Adney just seems Giant sized.

Facts about Cammon:
He weighed 6 pounds, 4 ounces. Tiny for a full term baby!
He was 19 inches long
His head circumference was 14.5 inches.
He is infatuated with his fingers. He just wants to chew on them all the time.
He eats a TON everyday. He just sleeps, eats, eats more, poops and then sleeps again.
He is such a calm baby and almost never cries. (except for diaper changes, he hates those)
He has only spit up twice so far.

18 comments:

Ally said...

Congratulations!!!! Two boys, how fun. I love the pic with Adney in the cowboy hat! Have fun with the two kiddos, it's wonderful!!

Mary Mathews said...

Congrats! Welcome to the world Cammon! I like the name. What a cute little boy you have (well you have 2 of them)! How sweet of Adney to want to take Cammon home just after meeting him!

Kristen said...

Congratulations Miriam! He's beautiful! Isn't it amazing how much love you can feel for one tiny little person? Being is Mommy is the BEST!

Ali said...

Welcome Cammon!

What a special experience, so beautifully written. Thanks for sharing. I'm happy he is here safe and well!!

Danielle said...

He is so cute! Congrats again!

Carlson said...

awww miriam its beautiful! Bringing kids into the world is a miracle we are so lucky to be a part of! Love u!

Amiee said...

So sweet! Congratulations Miriam! He's perfect and absolutely adorable!

Candria said...

Ahhhhhhh, Mine feels so big now.... I wonder if you just sit and hold Cammon and Adney and never let them go if they will stay tiny.....

Kristina said...

Miriam, he's just beautiful. I was getting teary-eyed reading this and looking at the pictures. Congratulations!

Dave and Tana said...

So glad everything went well! He is such a cutie pie!!

Ginger said...

He is so sweet. I am so glad everything went well for you. Congratulations!

Jen Bowen said...

Congrats! I'm glad things progressed so smoothly. You have an adorable family. It is pretty crazy going from 1 to 2 kids. Good luck!

Katherine Bettilyon said...

What an adorable little baby! Congrats!

Breeana said...

Oh my heavens! What a little angel!!! Congrats, Miriam and Lusk Family!!! I'm so happy for you. He is just precious. I love his little orange hair. And you're right, he's TINY! And thank heavens for moms, right? How nice that your mom was there to help! She was so sweet (met her at church).

Congrats again!

Kapri said...

Miriam, you and your baby are beautiful! Thank you for sharing the story. I'm so happy it all worked out!

Hannah said...

What a beautiful baby!!!! I'm so happy that he's here and made it safely. Congrats on your addition!!

Diane said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! How fun for Adney to have a little brother to take care of and play with!

Bethany Sines said...

oh my goodness he's a little adney jr!!! what a beautiful little man!! congrats my dear!!