So my fabulous doctor wants to schedule an induction on my due date... if I make it that long. And for some reason Kyle is convinced that if I get induced I will end up with a C-section, which we are trying to avoid. Why he thinks that? I don't know. Last night he said "The baby will come when it comes. You need to just be patient and wait it out for a few weeks." Well, I kind of wanted to slug him. And quickly recommended that HE have our next baby and see how he likes being 9 months pregnant. But maybe he has a point. I'm having a hard time seeing past the "Get this thing out of me NOW" feeling.
Suggestions? Has anyone had a positive or negative experience with being induced in the last few years? I guess I don't know that much about it.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
I was induced both times and both times I felt were great but i don't know any different! good Luck can't wait to see your little one!
My sister-in-law got induced and ended up having a c-section. I think that was because she was having blood pressure problems or something. I have a friend though who was induced and said that labor and delivery was the easiest part of her pregnancy and she delivered vaginally. (Her epidural helped with the feeling easy part). Maybe do some research and pray about it since it seems to vary from person to person? I have noticed though that when researching anything labor and delivery related you get a ton of positive and negative opinions. Good luck.
Hey Miriam... I was induced with 2 of my 3 children and did not have any c-sections. It is a great option, in my opinion, if your body is ready. With my first 2 I was dialated to a 3 for like 3 weeks but never had contractions. So when they hooked up the PIT and gave me my epidural it was quite quick and easy... even my second one where I didn't have an epidural. So in my un-medical, only personal opinion, if you are dialated to a 3 or more I would be all for it. Good luck!!
The doctor broke my water for me on Joseph's due date. Not sure if that counts as being induced, but I think so. It worked great for me. Our little guy was in our arms 6 hours later. Still, I would trust your husbands instincts, but especially your own. Primary answer: pray about it! haha :) Good luck! I want to come visit you in the hospital and see your cute little guy whenever he does come!
I was induced with Hannah. They started me on something called cervidal, that is suppose to start your labor naturally. If it didn't work on me they were going to start me on pitocin. It worked great on me and I progressed along great. Even though I was in labor for several hours it wasn't bad labor. Once I got the epidural it was great. The worst part of my labor wasn't the being induced thing it was the pushing for two hours, but they said with the first that is pretty common. I was induced and Hannah hadn't dropped or anything and I didn't have to have a c-section. i would be induced again! I would wait to as close as the due date as possible but I would be induced again for sure!
So I was induced with Bryen (he's 2) and I would try not to be induced at all possible cost unless you have to. (I had to be) I delivered him naturally. But I was not dialated or effaced (sp?) or anything not even a contraction so they started me from scratch and it hurt so so bad. I have heard if you are dialated and having some contractions its not so bad. But good luck deciding.
I was induced with both my girls and the second went a lot smoother than the first... And my first was fine after I got my epidural! I didn't have to have a c-section and I'm glad. At the same time, your hubbs is the patriarch of your home and is entitled to getting the revelation for you all.....Which I'm sure isn't what you want to hear at this point - Rexburg is HOT in the summer and being pregnant just adds to it...believe me, I know!!! Can't wait to hear what you decide (and see your new addition!!!)
I hate to say it, but part of what our hubbies are talking about with pregnancy comes from their knowledge of cows.....
which can be good or bad
I can't remember, did you have to have pit anyway with Adney after you went into labor? I've had a lot of friends lately who got induced and then an epidural right after and their babies came fast!
Well, you know my story. Being induced is all I know. I really like it though because you are in control from the beginning. There is no running into the hospital in the middle of the night in unspeakable pain. Pain meds are controlled from the beginning (well guess that depends on your doctor). For Kayla it was great! I got an epidural way before I felt anything too much. Especially because your baby is so low it might be nice to be more in control of the pain meds. Things will prob happen fast! BUT pray about it :)
I wasn't induced with Eden but was with Melody. I can't really give you a logical reason why, but I far prefer to go on my own. I felt like things just went more smoothly I guess.
my c-section was because of my induction... so... just be prayerful and do what YOU feel best about because ultimately it's an individual experience that no one elses experience can prepare you for. :)
Hi Miriam. Here's another opinion for you. I didn't have one blasted contraction until I was induced the day after my due date. I was sick of being pregnant. My mom was able to fly in the night before (because I'd been to the doctor that day and scheduled the induction for the next day), I got to get up in the morning and get a shower and everything before heading to the hospital, and I only had to endure something like an hour of labor and then got an epidural. So yeah, I thought being induced was pretty dang cool. Good luck! You're in my prayers!
I don't know anything different, but I was induced with Conn and 2 days later he was born! They had to start from nothing though, I had no dilation, effacement, contractions, no previous births, nothing...so it took my body forever to progress. However, as soon as I dilated enough to break my water everything progressed fast. Even though it took awhile, if I had the option to get that baby here, I probably would! Good luck and I am sure he will be adorable, look at his mom, dad, and brother!
Post a Comment