Saturday, September 18, 2010

He puts up with me.

So... my poor husband.... Well... let's get real, he totally hit the jackpot when he married me. And so did I when I married him. But sometimes, even still (jackpot and all) we drive each other crazy. We wouldn't be called "married" if we didn't. But here are some things that he has to put up with lately (I am going to number them because I am just that organized).

1. Hearing me complain about how fat I am. I just had a baby... well nearly two months ago. But still, it takes some time to feel... well... hot again. And I just haven't reached the hot point yet. Though I am working on it, b/c every woman should feel hot, especially a 25 year old woman. So sorry honey. I know its no fun to hear me complain about my body. Thanks for still thinking I am hot even though I don't feel it yet.

2. I suck at communication, and then it all bottles up and spills over at the same time. Which I am convinced isn't healthy. But I just like to keep the peace. So I ignore issues until they all slap me in the face at the same time. And then my husband gets to hear about it all at once. "Why did you buy that without talking to me first? And why don't you pick up your socks? And by the way I hate that TV show you always watch." (Not our real issues, but I didn't want to air our problems [not that they are big] in such a public forum).

3. I'm tired. I require a lot of sleep. Some people can get by on 5 hours a night. I feel my best after 9 or 10. But lately... 4 or 5 hours a night is pretty typical. And I try to nap in the day, but with 2 kids, it's not always possible. I rally my energy during the day so that my kids get my very best. But when Kyle gets home around 8 or 9, I just want to crash. So our quality time is limited to say the least.

I feel extremely lucky to have such a wonderful husband. He is kind and patient and understanding. He makes me smile and laugh. He is hard working and responsible. He is such a wonderful father. And he is smoking hot. I just love him. Thanks babe.

Oh, by the way... he asked me not to do a 28th Birthday tribute for him last week. So I didn't. But I thought I would at least say this: Thanks for putting up with me, and for sharing your life with me. Love you always.

2 comments:

Garling Ranch said...

You are so refreshing Miriam! Tell Kyle happy birthday from Ted and me!

Candria said...

I love your blog! You make me feel so "normal". Love you!