So I have had lots of random thoughts today. Thought I would share.
I like purses. I like beautiful, big, dainty, trendy, all kinds of purses. I am always tempted to spend lots of money on them. But once I have them, I don't like to carry them. I always feel awkward with them. I mean, they look good on other people. But somehow I never know what to do with them. Do you carry them up on your shoulder? I guess if the strap is long enough. Or do you carry them in you hand or on your forearm like an old lady? And when you sit down, do you leave it on your shoulder? Maybe you should put it on the ground next to you? There are so many options and I never know which one is appropriate. It seems like a lot of fuss for a bag. I think I would rather not have to think about it. But I'm a girl, shouldn't this come to me naturally, not thought required? Why can't I just carry a credit card and cell phone in my back pocket and call it good? But that doesn't really work all the time, especially with kids. Let's not even get started on all the bags they require. Anyone else share this insignificant thought with me?
Also, what's the deal with everyone painting their brick lately? I would give a word of advice to someone who is considering brick: Pick a timeless, beautiful, high quality brick, and take care of it. It's not like brick goes out of style ever. That way you don't have to go painting your brick purple in a couple years just to make your fireplace bearable. Maybe I am wrong. But to me, that is like painting wood floors, which is a whole other story.
I have not cleaned on top of my fridge in.... well.... a long time. I wonder if any of our friends are tall enough to notice? eh- who cares.
I had a dream the other night that I was in High School again. Only I was like 80 years old and everyone else was the normal high school age. Hmm....
I think that's all tonight. Kyle has been sleeping since I got home, he has been crazy busy with tests and papers and projects. He didn't sleep at all last night so I am glad he is now. But I think I got lonely and needed to talk on my ol' blog-i-o. Thanks for listening (or reading, whatev.)
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Miriam- there's a reason we're best friends right? Like... how we TOTALLY agree on the whole purse thing... But you actuallyalways look cute with your purses and I'm always secretly jealous of them. :) I just honestly never carry one, but I have a dozen sitting in my closet- some of them are really cute, too! Maybe I'll carry my favorite tomorrow, it's more of a clutch really... haha!
Anyway- weird dream. I think it means you have an old soul and everyone else is immature. HAHA
Love yoU!
I get you on the purse thing. Peter makes fun of me cuz I keep buying new ones (I actually only have like 3) my thing is I just can't seem to find one that is just right for all my stuff and baby stuff...and still cute...and easy to carry.
And you really should clean the top of your fridge!:) I am really good at all that stuff, I clean the top of mine and all my ceiling fans every week...but I guess when you are 6ft tall it's not a huge chore:)
Post a Comment