



I came to the artic tundra, which is Rexburg, in 2003. Five years, one husband, one baby, eight apartments, and 10 pounds later, I finally gradumacated. My parents weren't able to come from Indiana, and they were sorely missed, but Kyle and his parents took good care of me. On Thursday afternoon Kyle took me shopping for a new dress to wear to graduation. We ended up getting two really gorgeous dresses and four pairs of totally impractical and fun shoes. Kyle even picked out my favorite dress and the shoes to match it. He has really good taste. Then on Thursday evening, I had convocation, which is where I actually walked, but it was just with my department. Kyle, Adney, Kyle's parents and Bonnie and Josh were all there to cheer me on. I felt so loved! Then after convocation we all went to Craigo's for some yummy pizza and pasta. Eveyone in Kyle's family went in and bought me a really awesome double jogging stroller. Kyle's parents also gave me some gorgeous pink roses and a huge box of Florence's Chocolates. They are so divine. Then on Friday morning there was commencement. I only had two tickets so Kyle and his Dad went. M. Russel Ballard spoke on how church members should be using the internet as an outlet for missionary work. I thought it was really awesome. I got to shake his hand and then when he was walking out afterwards he smiled at me said "You made it!". Evidently the fact that i graduated isn't only incredible to me :) . Then after that Kyle gave me a gift certificate to a really fancy spa here in Rexburg and money to get my hair done. So that was all of my graduation festivities. I couldn't have made it without the support of my family. Especially Kyle's mother. I feel so blessed and so relieved that that chapter in my life is over. But I'm not going to lie... I will probably miss it.


10 comments:
Yay!! Congratulations!
Congrats! We are so jealous of you! And I'm jealous of your spa! Maybe I need to graduate for more than one reason :)
Congratulations! I bet if feels amazing! You should be proud of yourself. Enjoy your pampering!
Yea Miriam!!!! You are awsome. All your hard work has finally paid off:) Great job hun! Love you! Leah
Yay!! I'm excited for you! Adney is such a cute! Sounds like you have had a great week! Love you guys!
Congrats! I'm so glad you got to be pampered for all your hard work, although I too am a bit jealous. But you totally deserve it, especially for finishing school with a little one. Way to go!
YAY, MIRIAM! CONGRATS! All the way from apt. 9, young and fine, to this point! The festivities sound fabo and you totally deserve it all plus more! I'm so happy for you, babe!
I will call soon :)
Congrats Miriam!!! I graduate in a couple of weeks so am extra excited for grads! Cool site too! You will have to tell use how you got it to look so cool! Eric
Congratulations!!! I couldn't be happier for you! I bet it's a weird feeling! We really oughtta get together one of these days!! We miss you guys!
Congratulations Miriam! That has got to feel good! (Oh, and your blog looks great).
Post a Comment