Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Media, Sickness, and Gross.

Sorry for the blog neglect. This week I have just been busy with other stuff and haven't felt very "blog inspired". Like usually when I am driving or in the shower or whatever, my mind wanders to what I want to post on my blog next. It's nerdy... I know. But this week... I just wasn't feeling it. So whatever.... I'm back.
--------------------------------
My life consisted of a lot of media this week, for some reason.
 I finally finished reading the Hunger Games trilogy. They were good. Not the best books I have ever read in my whole life... but still really good. And entertaining. We also went to see HOP yesterday in the theater. Adney said it was "Awesome" and hasn't stopped talking about the Easter Bunny since. We also watched General Conference over the weekend. It was awesome. And I loved every minute that I heard. Although... with two children, the amount that I actually heard was limited. But I have been re-watching talks here. Which is awesome.
-----------------------
In other news... Cammon has a cold. Which is no fun. The poor little guy is so congested and miserable. And he isn't eating very well. Evidently, nursing is hard when you can't breathe through your nose. And every time I try to feed him baby food he spits it out and acts like I am trying to poison him... But he is gradually getting better. So that's good.
-----------------------
Ok... so we ate at Frontier Pies last night b/c it was recently one of Kyle's family member's birthday. And it made me literally sick. All night. Which sucked. I won't be eating there ever again probably. But the whole situation made me think about how poor the quality of food is in the restaurant business in Rexburg. I think that in the modern restaurant industry... restaurants should be expected to have fresh ingredients and a decent quality of food. But lately, everywhere I eat in Rexburg is just awful. I am usually not one to send food back. But lately, I have sent several meals back and once asked for a refund. Salad is soggy, meat is raw, food is bland and horrible, and service is insanely horrible. Is it just me? Or can I get an "Amen"? Am I expecting too much out of a small town?

5 comments:

Steven, Rachael, Liz and Jack said...

How about an "Amen" and also a "you are expecting too much out of a small town..."? Miss you guys. Liz told me today that maybe Adney could be her brother instead of her special boy, and then maybe she would see him more often! So sad...

Allen Family said...

I agree with the whole food thing. I am always complaining to my husband but he gently reminds me not to make the servers mad cause they could end up spiting in your food. I'm not sure if this happens a lot but we actually haven't gone out in a long time. Maybe it's because my husband just knows me to well to know that we need to go to Idaho Falls or all the way down to Salt Lake to enjoy a meal

Mrs. Mom said...

I have only heard the worst about Frontier Pies for the last 3 or so years. I have heard that it has gone way down hill. My Mom ate there once and had a dead fly on her salad she asked her waitress to take it back and the waitress didn't see what the problem is. My favorite place to eat in Rexburg is Joe's Filling place, they have a pretty yummy breakfast (I haven't had any other meals there).

Mary Mathews said...

I totally understand about not hearing alot of conference. But I am slowly listening to it too.

Poor little Cammon. I hope he gets feeling better. I hate having sick babies.

I ate at Frontier Pies a total of 2 times in my life and I got sick both time. After that I said no more and never went back. Well I did but didn't order a thing. But in Rexburg there is not alot of good places to eat. I rarly ate out in Rexburg. But you will be moving to Utah soon so hopefully you can find good food there. I know of some so if you need any good place to eat let me know!

Kristina said...

Actually, since leaving Rexburg, I've thought many a time about how much I don't miss the "eh"-quality food and the lack of variety and choice in restaurants. (I seriously thought that the other night when we had Chipotle and then frozen yogurt. Has Rexburg acquired a frozen yogurt place yet?)

Rexburg is just still behind the times, and yeah, it's a small town. My sympathies.