So I have been meaning to post this for a while. But it felt weird posting it on my Blog before people got it in the mail. So I think most people have gotten it by now. (By the way, I only sent it to close relatives... like siblings and grandparents... so if you didn't get one... please don't be offended).
A while back I won a giveaway on one of my favorite blogs. It's Kari Otto's blog. Check it out. It rocks. The giveaway was for Whitney Gillis Design. She designed some awesome birth announcements for me. She was so easy to work with and did such a good job. Her design was different than something I would have thought of, which was one of the reasons I liked it so much. She is way talented... check her out.
Without further Ado... Cammon's Birth announcement.
Thanks Whitney and Kari!
So I was thinking ... and pouting... the other day about how I never get to go home to Indiana to see my family. And then I was talking to my Mom and she was pouting about it too. It really all comes down to money, you see. And I really really love photography. Like a lot. But I always have this fear that if I charge people, it will take the fun out of it for me. Too much pressure is no fun for anyone. Especially when I love the pictures I take, but I wouldn't qualify myself as professional by any means. So I came to a compromise. $25. Most people can justify $25...right? Enough that I can start a little Indiana travel savings but people will still want me to take their pictures and if they all suck... it won't set them back a ton and I won't feel awkward about it.
So... please let me take your pictures. I love taking them. And it will only cost you $25. You can even think of it as a donation to the Send Miriam Home Fund. I bet you could even write it off in your taxes as a charitable donation.... ok maybe not. Yeah probably not... forget that last part :) The leaves are a changing people and pretty soon it will be too cold to take pictures outside for too long. So please schedule with me so that I can get my photography fix in before winter.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
miriam louise- you are way better than $25 a session... no one is going to value what you do at that price, woman. you are doing a GREAT job and you need to be charging what you are worth, especially in such a competitive area as eastern idaho. seriously give me a call, we can chit chat... i have learned so much the last couple of years and i would looooove to pass it on to my mirmy dear! :) and YES we are coming, i'm just not sure when yet. this month sometime! :)
yeah, call carly. she's good. : ) but i agree, and was also going to say that you should charge way more. for lots of different reasons.
and YES i want to go to carolyn wouden's reception with you!!!!! i wasn't invited, but i don't care cause she came into the visitors center and visited me on my mission and we had a great time catching up, so it will be fine. : ) oh how exciting. just let me know when and where and when you're coming down. wooohoooo!! i get to hang with mirm!!!
miriam-you really do a very good job, if i wasn't fat right now, I would really want my family pictures taken by you! So next spring when Im not feeling so not cute, I really want you to take our pictures. Ashley is looking for someone to do theirs as well, and i told her to go to you, because I know you are affordable...and i think you are worth more than $25!
Miriam! i would Love for you to take our pictures!! If we were there i would be first in line! Carly is right you should charge more. i have seen what you can do and it is worth well over $25! Im pretty much a CheapO but i would eagerly pay twice that and feel like i was getting a STEAL! I can see where you are coming from though! Good idea i need to start a charity to send me home too! :) Love you girly! Adney and Cammon are Darling! Wish we lived closer!
You are SO funny. So photography was my major...ya don't do it right now or haven't for a while. Don't feel bad about charging and no it doesn't take the fun out of it. It just makes you want to do it more and get better at it. I have a friend that just does mini sessions...every half hour on saturdays for a few hours. So people can just sign up for a time and then you are already out on site, etc. It seemed to work out well for her...she just starting taking pics kind of like you. Anyways I think she charged $30, but its a good idea to charge something cause then your friends don't feel like they are taking advantage of you either.
First your children are soooo adorable! second, 25 is not enough! You do beautiful work so I say bump that price up! I always feel the same way about doing hair......but I find that people will pay for good talent!!
Miriam! You need to have more FAITH in your talent! You are very very good! I used to feel the exact same way about cakes. THE PRESSURE!!! But here's what I've found...the artist in you, can't be charged. That comes from your heart and it's special. However, it's your time that you are giving up to use that gift. Don't feel bad about the $25. I hope you get to go home to Indiana soon. : )
Post a Comment