Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bountiful Basket 3-20

Today I tried a Bountiful Basket for the first time! I paid $15 and this is what came in my basket:

1 Head Savory Salad (looks like white kale, smells like cauliflower)
1 Pkg Strawberries
1 Bunch Celery
1 Head Romain Lettuce
2 bundles green onion
3 bundles asparagus
1 orange cauliflower head
18 crisp pink apples
8 bananas
2 mangos
14 Roma tomatoes
30 Kumquats (imagine an orange the size of a grape, really really sour, they may be not ripe yet though. Not really sure.)

My fridge is packed full of beautiful produce! I am a little stumped as to what to do with the Savory Salad or Kumquats. It should be an adventure though. It definitely challenges you to try new things and use a lot of produce every day. I am definitely going to do it again next week. I also got some 9 grain bread, which looks and smells delicious, but I haven't tried it yet, so I will let you know. 

3 comments:

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

All that for $15! How can I get that deal?

The Packards said...

Yes how does it work? I want to try it?

JeriLyn said...

I have been wanting to try that. I think I might put in an order this week. All of that sounds so good!