Sunday, August 21, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things.... Indiana version.

  • Rain Showers that are real drenchers that dump and dump buckets of rain until sizable rivers run down the driveway.
  • Little boys who are absolutely infatuated with their Grandpa. 
  • Sitting with my sisters and laughing and laughing while we talk
  • Seeing my punk brother all grown up and responsible
  • My little sister being 8 months pregnant. And yes, I am one of those people who will touch pregnant bellies unsolicited. 
  • A house full of little cousins running around causing chaos-- and Adney being one of those little cousins.
  • Being able to ask my littlest sister's dates embarrassing questions. ("So... are you gay or just shy?" haha jk. I am shameless.)
  • Being in the home I grew up in. Very serendipitous. 
  • Being in my grandparent's home that my MOM grew up in. The familiar smells and pictures and people are like food to my soul. 
  • Diversity. It is everywhere here. 
  • Doing dishes with my mom and sisters. I'll wash, you dry.
  • Thick forests.... everywhere. Green, green, and more green. 
  • Being with the people who understand me the most. 
  • Singing hymns with my little sister who's voice is unreal. 
  • Meeting cute nephews for the first time. 
I could probably go on forever about all the things I love about this trip. It has been so wonderful and much needed medicine for my homesick heart. It has been hard having the two boys by myself, and both the boys had hand, foot, and mouth virus and now Cammon has PINK EYE. Ew. But he is getting over it. (Oh, by the way.... if your kids have either ailment, so sorry. You probably got it from us.) We go home on Wednesday and even though I will be sad to go, I am excited to get home and be with Kyle. Turns out.... I like that guy a lot and life is so much better with him than without him.

Be prepared for picture overload later this week. I took SO many pictures on this trip.

No comments: