So the kids and I are in Indiana! Yay! We are so glad to be here.
The trip here was a little challenging. We had TWO layover and THREE flights. We got to the SLC airport at 10am and got the IND airport after midnight. The kids were generally well behaved. No huge outbursts. So it really wasn't as bad as it sounds. But it was still pretty bad. haha.
Over the weekend we went to the Hill family reunion. And we had so much fun! It was so great to see so many of my cousins and aunts and uncles that I haven't seen for years. The whole time I just felt so overwhelmed with love for all of the people around me and so grateful that I came from such an awesome family. We stayed in cabins, which as it turns out isn't the easiest with little ones. But it was still fun and only a few days so we survived. We went swimming lots and played and talked and had a grand old time. Cammon decided that grandpa was the coolest person he has ever met while we were there. And rightfully so I suppose. Oh... and I either seriously bruised my tailbone or I broke it while I was at the reunion. Either way it kills. But the giant slip-n-slide of death was awesome.
Other than that we have been hanging out with family. Trying to take it easy. We spent a lot of time with my grandparent's yesterday and today we went to the spray park in Zionsville. We have plans for Pizza and a Redbox tonight. Overall I am loving being home. It feels so good and it has been TOO long. But I am missing Kyle tons. And so are the kids.
Oh... by the way.... does anyone know anything about hand, foot, and mouth disease? My nephews have it and we have spent a lot of time with them, so chances are, we are going to get it soon. Any advice?
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Eden got Hand, Foot and Mouth a week before Melody was born. It is highly contagious (Eden got it at a bounce house, or nursery, we think). I would say it is probably pretty likely your kids will get it, but who knows? It sucked for a couple of days but seemed to go away pretty fast. Good luck!
We missed you last weekend!! Sounds like you are having some much deserved Indiana time though! Hand Foot Mouth Disease... no fun! We had a spurt of that in our neighborhood. We got it pretty mild, but it's not a fun one! If they get it bad- buy some cushy slippers and lots of popcicles and motrin! Hope you don't get it!!
My sister in law got it once while they were on vacation....i'll have to ask her what the dr. did for it...if I remember correctly he said wait it ou...no big deal...just use anti-itch cream for the itchy bumpies!!!
Post a Comment