Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Movie Reviews

Kyle and I are huge movie fans. Between him loving shoot em up thrillers and I loving chick flicks, we see a lot of movies. I will probably be adding to this list as I remember mentionable films.

Baby Mama is about a woman (Tina Fey) who wants to have babies but cannot. She hires a surrogate mother (Amy Poehler) to carry her child. Baby Mama is our favorite lately. We saw it on our Anniversary. It is so hilarious! Between Tina Fey and Amy Poehler how can you go wrong? The comedy is well balanced and original. I give it two thumbs up for sure.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull had good points and bad points. Unfortunately I think the bad points outweighed the good. Good points: The movie stayed true to the Indiana Jones feel. The cinematography and adventure were very much similar to the previous Indiana Jones movies. Also, Harrison Ford, though aged, was still handsome and rugged. Bad points: the story line was... cheesy and predictable, too shallow in many aspects. Overall, it was entertaining, but not worth waiting in line for.

Narnia Prince Caspian was not as good as the first Narnia. The characters were interesting and had developed since the last movie. However, it lacked the magic that the first Narnia had. Through the whole movie I kept thinking that the book was probably so much better (even though I haven't read it). It was definitely entertaining and worth seeing, but I won't be buying the DVD.

Made of Honor: Oh McDreamy (sigh). Perfect movie if you are in the mood for the ever so predictable humorous love story with a happy ending. Made of Honor is the typical romantic comedy- but what's wrong with that?

DVD's I would recommend:
P.S. I Love You: heartfelt and poignant. I read the book and think that the movie might actually be better. A rare feat in movies.
Cloverfield: I had nightmares of scary creatures after I watched it, so not appropriate for the scaredy cats like myself. However, it was good. You felt like you were peeking in on the characters most tragic moments.
Juno: If crude humor doesn't bother you, Juno is hilarious. The characters are perfectly crafted and natural.
Stardust: Sci Fi gone right. Suspenseful and magical storyline filled with interesting and believable characters.
August Rush: Yeah I know, this one is a little old. But such an amazing movie and definitely worth seeing. Amazing actors mixed with amazing music and an awesome story. Even my husband loved it.

9 comments:

Hilary said...

i love friends' movie reviews. My sis-in-law started this blog for movie reviews that you're welcome to check out. http://moviesbyandrea.blogspot.com/
In my opinion its not as fun as it could be, because they tend to be a little too critical for my taste about "questionable content". I'm just a sinner!

By the way, i loved Stardust. I wonder how loudly AJ would groan if I bought it though. Haha.

Carly said...

several flicks i haven't seen yet, so i'll be scheduling them on netflicks! :) :)

when do you leave?!

Carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake and Em said...

WOW! I thought Jake and I saw alot of movies! :) Thanks for the good info!! I am dying to see Made of Honor and Baby Mama! We just saw What Happens in Vegas and we're very presently surprised!!! It was really funny!

Mare said...

Thanks for the reviews. Since Brian works at Pic-A-Flick we get a lot of movies and never seem to watch them all. If you guys ever need more to watch we have probably 500+ movies. We watch most of the movies edited since brian gets them free so if you ever want one clean we either have it or can get it!

Katie said...

I love this movie review post.
I LOVE MOVIES! :)
I'm glad that you liked Baby Mama and Juno just as much as I did! :)

PS. Thanks for the compliments on my blog. I really like yours too and the Maroon 5 song. :)

The Clems said...

Yes, Movie reviews! I haven't seen Indiana Jones yet...I have not heard one person say they liked it! I am looking forward to Dark Knight! I love Christian Bale. You should see Ironman! It was sooooo good.

Garling Ranch said...

Great reviews! You should become a movie critic! I must agree with you about Made of Honor. Ted also loved the August Rush movie! Thanks for the heads up on the rest of them! You are a great friend!

Ashley Webb said...

OK, I just want to know how you get to see so many movies with a baby! Luke and I have been to 2 movies in the last 18 months - seriously!! What's your secret?!