Monday, March 3, 2008

Angel Mothers


There have been a few people in my life who have extended their love to me in a way that can only be compared to angles or God. The first was my own mother. Always there to encourage me and remind me of my talents and good qualities. Another was JaNet Watkins. Even though she passed away this year I occasionally still feel her "rooting for me in the wings". And most recently my mother-in-law Barbara Lusk. Since Kyle and I met she has gathered me under her wing and treated me like one of her own. She has truly become not only a mother but a close friend. Pouring her love and generosity in all the right moments. So today I say thanks to all of my Moms in life. I couldn't have done any of it without you. ( She has a wig on in this picture... her hair isn't usually this wild... usually :)

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey! Cool, I saw your blog posted on facebook. I went to school with Kyle and the Lusk fam is in my home ward. I have to say I love the Lusk family. It was fun to see a picture of Barbara on here- I thought her hair was for real for a second. Anyway, we have a blog to if you ever want to check it out- if Kyle is anything like my husband its mostly (the wife) doing the blogging, but I will love the updates anyway. OUr blog is at kingstonandkristi.blogspot.com
Anyway, you guys take care! CUte pictures!!!!

Kristi said...

p.s. I say go for it on the pink highlights. You only live once.

Young People in Love said...

cute post!
thanks so much for the sweet feedback on etsy! i was wondering if you had gotten it and i'm SO glad that you love it!
p.s. you're one of my angels :)

Matt and Tesha said...

I love Adney's giraffe costume! I love this post! You really never can have enough angel moms!

The Clews Crew said...

Cute, cute blog! I love the Christmas pictures, they're adorable. And thanks for this blog. It made me look back and think of all the wonderful women who have blessed my life enormously.

Garling Ranch said...

Miriam, you are the sweetest person I know! Way to stand up and support all those wonderful mothers that have helped you along the way! You are one of those "angel mothers" too now, and I am sure that you will continue to help those under your care as those mothers have helped you.