Generally I like change. I love new haircuts and moving to new places. I even love it when they add stop lights or stop signs in new places. But changing from 9:00 to 1:00 church kind of sucks.
First of all, like a lot of kids Adney generally takes a nap in the afternoon. And we had Sacrament last, which made it possible for all the children in the ward to be grumpy and unagreeable. Half way through the sacrament being passed Adney yelled "No prayer! No Prayer!" really loud. We had to sit on the front row b/c our ward is huge and for some reason they don't open the over flow until sacrament has already started. Which I guess I get, because they don't want everyone to head for the overflow and leave the first two rows empty, but sometimes when you have kids you want to be able to spread out over a whole row and not feel like you have to be touching elbows with the next family (which we were). And I ate breakfast at 11:00 and didn't eat anything else before I left. So by the time I got home I felt like I was going to pass out (pregnancy perk). And all my kids in primary were non-cooperative. No matter what I did to try to get them excited about what was going on their answer was "No". Will you say the prayer... no... will you sing the songs with us .... no... will you sit in your chair... no.
Ok I am done complaining. Next week we will plan better and it will be much easier. But church was difficult today.


2 comments:
I had a friend in Moscow that brought blankets to sacrament meeting (just for the little kids) and their favorite stuffed animal. She also made a peanut butter chocolate smoothie just a few minutes before they left for church for everyone. She said they drank it fast, it made them happy, and it tied them (and her -she was prego too) over until they got home. Any excuse for chocolate and peanut butter sounds good to me! Adjustment is always hard for kiddos at first, and then they get used to it... Good Luck!
Oh, I know you love all this oh so useful advice, so here's another one... I hate the front row, so Dean is in charge of getting into sacrament for a seat as soon as he can and I round up the kiddos. Works good until he finds someone in the hall to talk to! Love you Miriam!!
Oh man....I TOTALLY know how that goes! We just got done with 1:30 church and are SO excited to have 9am church! The nursery leaders in our ward when we were at 1:30 seriously was considering having a portion of the nursery time be nap time because half the kids would probably lay down and sleep anyway if everyone else did! :) It will definitely get easier and then before you know you'll be switching again!
We had to give Kyla a nap before church if we could or otherwise we would put her to bed early like 7 or 7:30. Sometimes she'd take a nap after church for 1/2 an hr. Anyway, it's tough but good luck! 1:00 church is definitely hard!
Post a Comment