Monday, January 19, 2009

In all honestly, I deserved it.

I got a speeding ticket this morning!!

How much does that stink? I was driving down Pioneer Rd at a rapid rate of 53 (in a 35) and gosh darn it, a cop was hiding in a neighborhood and clocked me. When I was younger I used to make myself cry or make up some kind of emergency that I was rushing to and would usually still get a big fat ticket. But this time I was speeding, I didn't have a good excuse ( I was late for work, which was also my fault... darn snooz buttom). I deserved the ticket and I told the cop that. Instead of nailing me with wreckless driving, which he could have, the cop was nice and gave me a normal speeding ticket instead. It only cost me $75 Dollars (instead of $150). Thanks nice police man!

Also, on Sunday, we were late for church and our door knob broke and our door wouldn't open. So Kyle had to bust it open. haha. It looks pretty bad. And we were still late to church. Oh well.

In other news, Adney is really good at saying Mama now. I pretty much love it. He has been so much fun lately. (as long as he gets what he wants). haha.

4 comments:

Morgen said...

hahaha. You bad driver you! I have never gotten a ticket:) I should have. I was speeding in rexburg once cuz i was late for work. when he pulled me over I said if you are going to give me one just hurry cuz I am late (i was lead csm that day and had to open the store) his wife worked at walmart with me so he just laughed and let me go! I rule!

Caitlin said...

who pulled you over? was it officer wheeler? that's steven's brother!
and your door knob broke? that happened when we first moved in to andrews place. so funny!
wish we woulda hung out before we left...we'll just have to kit on blog!

Mike and Anna said...

How fun that Adney is saying mama. I can't wait for Jeremy to say it...however i am enjoying everyday with him. Sorry about the speeding ticket.......You need to move to california where the speed limit on our streets is 50! WEll the big streets.... Love you miriam!

Garling Ranch said...

That is so sad, and funny! I can totally imagine you speeding down that road, and then, seconds later, seeing a cop in your rearview, and slamming on the brakes. At least you didn't lie about it! Good thing he was nice! $150 would have wiped out a shopping account for the week.