Thursday, February 9, 2012

Come to Jesus.

Ok... despite the super religious title in this post... it  isn't all about religion... directly. (I mean I suppose I can find a religious angle/aspect/reason for most things in my life). However this post is about the "come to Jesus" talk. You know... the one where you are totally honest and realistic with yourself and make yourself see just how things really are... like in reality. Wow... am I sounding insane right now? Or do you get me?

First off: Your body is a Temple. Plain and simple, I need to take better care of it. Although I am only 27, I often feel like I am 57... which may or may not be dramatic.... I'll tell you when I am 57. Exercise... eat your veggies... and don't eat dessert every day. Do it.

Secondly: Computers are not people. And no matter how lonely and how bored you are a computer is still just an inanimate object and will not bring joy to life. It is simply a tool and should be used in moderation. (aka... get your butt off of Facebook and go live your life).

Third: Be responsible. You are an adult and need to act like one. Write in your planner and then actually follow it. Stay on budget. Actions do have consequences.

Fourth: Don't let your brain go to mush. You are an intelligent woman with a college degree and mad skills. USE them. Or study something new. Either way. Don't be a vegetable (academically speaking).

Lastly: Allow yourself to be happy. Truly and honestly... happy. Laugh loudly and smile often.

Ok.... can I get an "Amen"?

Sorry... this is kind of personal. However, you may have discovered by now that I have no filter. Verbally or otherwise. And I share.... a lot. SO in all honesty... I have been struggling. Not in a serious or dangerous way. But in a general funky- my life smells like old socks kind of way. And I just feel like I am letting myself sink further into it. So I am trying to dig myself out. Starting now.

Come to Jesus.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have Come to Jesus meetings regularly with my children...never realized I could have them with myself. Love it!

Carlson said...

I have those moments too. Love u mirms! U are smart, beautiful, a wonderful mamma, and fun. Go live and love living! I think the whole exercise thing helps a ton. I notice my mental health is better when I do that regularly. (which I'm not right now...) Thanks for posting. I think this was for me too :)