Monday, February 23, 2009

Ok So Here's a few hints.

PinchingYourPennies.com is a great coupon resource. Go to Screaming Deals By State to read about the awesome deals in your area.

Kmart this week is doing doubled coupons up to $2. Which means that they will double the value of any coupon up to two dollars. (So a coupon that is $2.00 off becomes $4.00 off).

Albertsons is by far the most coupon friendly store in Rexburg. They are always doing coupon promotions and awesome sales. For example there is a sale going on right now at Albies for General Mills Products. If you buy ten of the participating General Mills products a $10 off your next purchase coupon will come out at the register. So for example, if you buy 40 products than you get $40 off. It's an awesome sale and the perfect opportunity to build your food storage. But it will end tomorrow, so hurry.

Collect Coupons like crazy. Any and every coupon. Ask friends and family who don't do coupons to save any that they get in their paper or in the mail. Print as many as you can online. There are several websites that are awesome for printing coupons. I like Couponsurfer.com and sites like bettycrocker.com pillsbury.com and Boxtopsforeducation.com . Of course, a subscription to the paper is an easy way to get coupons. You can subscribe to the standard journal for $6.00 per month. Or if you want a lot of one particular coupon, you can buy them on ebay. I bought 20 betty crocker icing coupons for $3.00 on ebay.

Try to stay as organized as possible. I have my coupons organized by category. (Baked goods, restaurants, toiletries, etc). Then say you have a ton of cat food coupons but you don't have a cat and your friend has a ton of diaper coupons but she doesn't have any kids. So trade. Don't be shy about it.

And most of all... HAVE FUN! Saving money can be a blast and totally exhilarating. It takes a little bit of time and effort to gather up all of the right coupons and keep track of all of the sales, but it is totally worth it. The first time your go through the check out and have only spent a couple bucks but have saved a ton, you will be hooked.

10 comments:

Jacob said...

Hey Miriam,
Thanks for the tips. I have been saving coupons. When my printer is working again I will start printing. I can see this will be addicting. LOL
Anna

The James Family said...

Hey! Kerstin here (I don't know why my blog has a new name!) Anyway, my sister keeps her coupons in a baseball card binder. The kind that has all the little pockets to keep and collect cards...they work great for coupons. YAY for saving $$!

The James Family said...

Hey! Kerstin here (I don't know why my blog has a new name!) Anyway, my sister keeps her coupons in a baseball card binder. The kind that has all the little pockets to keep and collect cards...they work great for coupons. YAY for saving $$!

The James Family said...

Hey! Kerstin here (I don't know why my blog has a new name!) Anyway, my sister keeps her coupons in a baseball card binder. The kind that has all the little pockets to keep and collect cards...they work great for coupons. YAY for saving $$!

The James Family said...

Hey! Kerstin here (I don't know why my blog has a new name!) Anyway, my sister keeps her coupons in a baseball card binder. The kind that has all the little pockets to keep and collect cards...they work great for coupons. YAY for saving $$!

The James Family said...

Hey! Kerstin here (I don't know why my blog has a new name!) Anyway, my sister keeps her coupons in a baseball card binder. The kind that has all the little pockets to keep and collect cards...they work great for coupons. YAY for saving $$!

The James Family said...

Wow, my comment posted like 4 times. SORRY, I don't know what happened.

Gena said...

Oooh, I'm so excited about this. Thanks for sharing. I actually did this last month, looked through papers, did my menu planning, went to Winco, and I was beaming with the money I saved and the deals I found. Then this month got ahead of me, and I haven't been so good. But it seriously is the best feeling when you're on top of it. I'll have to be better this month now!! I'm going to check out all those penny-saving sites right now!

Caitlin said...

we just started getting the paper in seattle because of the coupons. i was so excited a few weeks ago when i went to the store and SAVED $40! thanks for the online coupon tips. our paper only runs for 10 weeks and then we have to pay a lot more to keep it so i think we're gonna get rid of it. i'm glad there are good websites online! happy saving!

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

I've started couponing too! Today Jeff and I used the Huggies $5 coupons from coupons.com and got close to 700 wipes for $7! We wont need to buy wipes for a long time.