I am singing at our Relief Society activity on Wednesday. I haven't sung all by lonesome in public in a long time. And I am kind of excited/nervous. I chose a cool song. It isn't one I would usually pick. It doesn't really fit my voice or my range perfectly. But after looking and looking for the perfect song I just knew I had to sing it anyways. My ward/community has gone through some tragedy lately involving some young people and suicide. And when I first listened to this song I imagined in my mind the mothers of those young people. How could a mother ever deal with something that horrifying? What words could they say or comfort could they seek? But somehow I know even those mothers will survive. The savior will heal them, comfort them. Even when they don't have words or strength to seek the comfort they need, somehow he will hear them anyways.
Go to itunes and buy/listen to "When I Can't Speak" by Julie Yardley.
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Miriam, I cannot wait to hear you sing this. I know it will be beautiful.
You will do amazing! Love this song! I am so glad you are sharing your incredible talent of singing. It is truly a gift from God!
I want to here how it went. I'll bet it was life changing.
Post a Comment